- Will operate tractor/trailer in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
- Check gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensure seal on trailers, and conduct inspection of vehicle before, during, and after trips to determine problems that may be occurring
- Promptly report all maintenance problems to Fleet Services and/or supervision
- Work the dock to include loading and unloading freight
- Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial drivers license
- May be required to use in-cab technology, to include electronic logs
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations (2 years driving experience preferred)
- Class A Commercial Driver's License
- HazMat, Tanker and Doubles endorsements required (LCV requirements may apply)
- May be required to drive a tractor trailer for a period of time that will conform to FMCSA requirements
- Stable employment history
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to operate a forklift (3,000 lb. vehicle) or previous forklift certification
- Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs.
- Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must be capable of dropping/hooking and coupling trailers which involves cranking landing gear, pulling 5th wheel pin and maneuvering dolly which takes approximately 65 lbs. of pressure
- Must be able to provide an acceptable MVR
- Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations
- Must pass a FMCSA required medical exam
- Must pass a road test
- Ability to meet the FMCSA’s requirements to speak and read English
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
At Estes Express Lines, we’ve long recognized the importance of our behind-the-wheel professionals. In fact, we were founded in 1931—in the midst of the Great Depression—as a one-man-one-truck operation. Today, Estes is the largest, privately held less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier in North America, with an employee base of more than 16,000 professionals and an increasingly newer fleet of nearly 7,100 tractors.
Over the last 85 years, our network has grown to more than 200 terminals plus coverage in all 50 states, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
Why Choose Estes?
As an Estes driver, you can expect:
• Family-Friendly Schedules
• Competitive Pay and Incentives
• Comprehensive Benefits
• New Model Trucks with the Latest Safety Technology
• Training Opportunities for Career Growth
• Company Stability with over 200 Terminal Locations
Our mission at Estes is to deliver solutions that exceed our customers’ highest expectations. That’s why we believe in hiring and retaining the best talent. We’re looking for a variety of professionals—from mechanics, drivers, office personnel to dockworkers—to join our team.
For information about our career opportunities, please visit www.work4estes.com.