$1500 SIGN ON BONUS
We're expanding our team and looking for people who are:
- Team Players
- Customer Advocates
- Relationally Poised
- Outgoing and Well Versed Communicators
- Multi-task Oriented
- Likes to Work Under Deadlines
- Thorough and Organized
With more than 71 years of experience in the industry, Pilot Thomas Logistics is the premier provider of fuel, lubricants and chemicals to the Energy, Marine, Mining and Industrial markets. The corporate headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas and there are more than 1,700 team members located throughout North America allowing us to provide high quality products and outstanding services to our valued customers.
Responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company rules, in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operations of commercial motor vehicle straight truck loaded with totes and barrels while safely transporting lubricants and other industry material to and from locations.
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections.
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations.
- Properly load and unload; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses.
- Operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck.
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools.
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required.
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class B commercial driver's license required.
- 1 years driving experience in Class B vehicle in the last 3 years.
- No more than one moving violation in last 3 years.
- Current 1 years DOT medical card.
- Ability to work with sections of hose that may exceed 40' in length, measures 1.5' in diameter, and lift as much as 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to couple hoses to connect and disconnect hoses.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts.
- Ability to drive truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines.
- Ability to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy conditions
- Ability to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and in truck driving test.
- No sponsorship or relocation is available.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required vehicle inspections.
- Frequently climb in and out of a large truck.
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds).
- Remote locations.
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect inside the cargo tank following loading or unloading.
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck and be able to drive, for as many as 11 hours while transporting lubricant and other industry products.
- Maneuver 55 gallon drums; Lift and carry boxes.